“Just do it! Don’t wait any longer and grab your pencil.”About SMA
- How does it feel to win a SILENT MANGA AUDITION® award? It makes me proud to know my hard work and practice paid off.
- What was the inspiration behind your winning work? I wanted to experience a feeling that I personally couldn’t during my own childhood. I wanted to show that having friends and bonding with people is something important and that we all need it.
- What challenges did you face while making your manga? How did you overcome them? Like everyone else, my life is quite hard. I really didn’t think I would make it in time for the deadline. I spent most of my time taking care of my siblings and on top of that I spent some time in the hospital with my mother, so it was quite hard to practice and finish the manga in time. I also don’t have good manga supplies, so I worked with the cheap ones. However, I’m happy that all of that didn’t affect my entry.
About your Manga
- How and when did you start making manga? Any advice for beginners? I started last year after I was inspired by my friend’s entry. My advice is to trust yourself. Do not be afraid of trying. Challenge yourself and try what is difficult for you!
- What was the first manga you picked up? “Naruto.”
- Which manga changed your life? “Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure.”
- Which manga character do you most identify with? Why? Mob from “Mob Psycho 100″ because he is not capable of showing his real emotions.
- What kind of manga do you want to make next? I want to make inspiring work with beautiful illustrations. I want to make manga that could change someone’s life and make them feel warm and happy when they read it.
About fatima mukarked
- What do you do when you’re not making manga? How do you relax? When I’m not making manga I help my family with their house chores, so my day is filled with work; my time to relax is when I sleep.
- What industry do you work in (if manga making isn’t your primary job?) I am still a college student, so I have to study for my exams and projects.
- Where do you see your manga career in 5 years’ time? I will definitely make it into the Japanese manga industry. Why Japan? Because my country doesn’t support that kind of work, so I won’t count on its support. I am looking forward to the day I can publish my own story.
- What advice would you give to people entering the SILENT MANGA AUDITION®? Just do it! Don’t wait any longer and grab your pencil. It doesn’t even matter if you win or not, just keep trying and practicing. The moment when your effort pays off is much more satisfying than any other – it tastes like the best fruit on the tree! Though the prize I received is a simple one, I am happy with what I did and I am looking forward to the future. I hope we all achieve our dreams.
Thank you, fatima mukarked! We hope that you’re in HASTE to join SMA17 and send us the entry that will surprise the judges! You have time until 31st January to WOW the readers and have a chance to develop your potential as a manga creator with us in Japan!